While reading and pondering Mosiah 2:9 a few years ago, I received an answer to a prayer from earlier in the week. It opened a whole new insight as to how central the heart is to the purpose of the gospel and our progress in the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father. With this blog, I'll share some of the insights I recieve and treasures opened to my view as I continue my path of discovery!
Walking across the street from church to my house one Sunday afternoon, I noticed the moon shining in the sky. It was a crescent moon - at a stage where you can get a sense that it and the earth are suspended in space, and you're looking across the universe just a bit. The glow of the light on the moon was bright. I looked at the sun in relation to the moon and I noticed that the lightened part of the moon is the part facing the sun. I pondered on that a moment and what I've often heard about "facing our homes to the temple." Then a thought came to my mind: "Face the light and you will be illuminated." Profound. What a wonderful reminder - when I face the Lord, the temple, turn to the scriptures, kneel to pray, I'm facing the light and will be illuminated. I can then be enlightened. Darkness is dispersed. I can be inspired. Clarity comes. I can help illuminate others along my path, just like the sun and the moon. What a gift!
0 comments:
Post a Comment