Monday, March 29, 2010

Farewell to My Little Zion



After nearly five years in my Kaysville neighborhood that I will always call "my little Zion," I sold my home and retured to Sacramento, California to live closer to my family. So many trips back and forth to get in my "grandma time" and visit with Jared and Janea and their families and other close friends. For a while, I'll be IN California with Utah plates, and then I'll have to surrender the Utah plates for another set from the sunshine state.

What an adventure it turned out to be. Memories and people I will cherish forever. Lots of good cookin' went on in that kitchen! Lots of girl's nights! Lots of homemade ice cream on hot summer days and homemade soups in the winter. Lots of work in the garden! Lots of late nights sitting by the fire reading a good book. Lots of uplifting VT and HT visits. Lots of early, early mornings heading off to work on Temple Square. Lots and lots of SNOW!!! Not too much snow shoveling, thanks to Ty and Cade. The view of the canyons were breathtaking every day, no matter the season. A neighborhood full of such wonderful, good people.Fox Pointe Ward, you were a warm and welcome home for this California girl. I will miss you, my little Zion.

0 comments: